Labels

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Downside

I'm becoming quite a tech blogger these days. Not really. But it has been a popular subject recently. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I recently upgraded phones to an iPhone 4...something I was excited about because of the way technology allows my world to get in "sync". The newest software for Apple gadgets was released yesterday, and I was more than a little excited. It allows me to keep my tablet, phone, work and home computers all synced up with no need to ever connect a cable.

The only problem was that in order to sync my computers, I had to upgrade the OS to Lion. Not a costly upgrade, but time consuming. Then I had to download the software for my phone and tablet...not a big deal under normal circumstances. But when several MILLION people are doing it at the Same time, it gets pretty slow...and, again, time consuming.

Then there are the joys of getting it figured out and working properly. Several hours of downloading and installing, and two calls to tech support later, I'm happy to say that it works.

But I have to say that it didn't do much for my productivity yesterday. Today will be different.

Eric Dunaway

Sent from my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment